21 June 2009

Blogfest at Shepton Mallet

Well, what a day for seeing Bloggers ... the Washerwoman was stalling out on the other side of the hall, Daisy Darling stopped by a couple of times (thank you Clare for the life-saver coffee), Lesley from This'nThat, Lucy (and Mr) Bloom, Niki (Nostalgia), Maxine from MarmaladeYarns came to say hello (super to meet you Maxine), Donna (The Fabric of my Life/Donna Flower) and I may have missed out a couple more (apologies if I have).

Thanks to you all for your purchases, and to any other readers of my blog who made purchases today.

I should have linked to your blogs but I have no brain left this evening. Those of you who saw me today will have noticed (to the extent that you actually pointed out in one or two cases) that I didn't really seem to have my mind on the job, and was vague, to say the least. To be honest I was chasing my tail somewhat, having anticipated a poor turnout within the Showering Pavilion because of the nice weather. I was expecting everyone to stay outside rather than come in to buy. I had one complete table of £1 items, and it drew customers like bees round a honeypot. I was quite overwhelmed by the frenzy once or twice and knew I was 'not my normal self'!!! Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible, all being well. I think I shall do the same next time (30 August) as it's a brilliant way to clear 'tired' stock.

If I can stay awake long enough we're going to pop to our local for a meal, so I'd better go and make myself look respectable (do people still say that or is it just a blast from my past?).

I seem to remember suggesting that I would take photos today. I took out my camera once, and then had a flurry of customers so put it away again. So ... no photos at all. Sorry!

10 comments:

Tamsyn said...

glad you had a good day, I am writing the date of the next one down now!!! and i will be there :)

The fabric of my life said...

Ahhh sweetie it was so lovely to see you and yes you were not your usual bubbly self but it was understandable. I think you could do with a break, you work too hard!!!!

I love my purchases from you, thank you :-)

Hope you enjoyed your meal x

Heloise said...

Enjoy your meal and a good rest. Glad you did well.

Clare said...

Lovely to see you today, glad it went well. Just deciding how to use my primrose.....

Ticking stripes said...

Right - 30th August has to be a date then!

Marmalade Yarns said...

glad I made the effort to go to the flea market yeasterday, I really enjoyed it and I pick up a few lovely things. it was great to meet you, and I could see you were rather busy!a bit more of a chat next time perhaps? your lovely fabric is now laundered ready for use?, I think Ill wait untill I've moved house before deciding. Thanks. lol maxine

BusyLizzie said...

Hi Sue
Yes, it was quite a day wasn't it! There were some FABULOUS stalls & I was pleased with my purchases (more old clothes to wash & iron).. Also very busy ALL day on our stand & didn't get a chance to stuff a sandwich in my face until after 2 pm.... liz xxx

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Sue,
Lovely to see you too! Even if it was at the very last minute! (There I was making you unpack, when I suspect all you wanted to do was go home!)
It took us all day to get to you as there was so many stalls this time...glad I had a few pennies left in my purse to purchase the lace collar from you though...
Pleased it was a success for you...I look forward to getting to your stall earlier next time!

Enjoy a rest! Ha!
Niki x

jane and the happy crow said...

Hi Sue, I keep trying to email you the details of the Home spun fair but it keeps bouncing back. Could you let me know your phone number or give me a call (I think I emailed you my number)? Looks like you had a good time at the fair, I am hoping to get to the one in September. Jane xx

Shammickite said...

Seems that you had a successful day, I'm glad to hear it!
You must have worked very hard that day, and I'm sure you enjoyed every minute of it. specially meeting all those fabric-loving blogger friends!