14 September 2007

21st Century and Displacing ...

I've brought myself up into the 21st Century this morning by adding a playlist to my blog. I don't know if I'll keep it, but I might. What do you think? I've done this this morning as a displacement activity (I'm quite good at those) - because I should really be making up Gillie's bed. But as I still can't get to the bed because of the pile of linens and other stock and couldn't quite face the marathon stock-shift that is required before she arrives somewhere around lunchtime, I had to do something else constructive.



I don't think I'm a very nice friend really. Who else would wait for their guest to arrive and then say "we" need to clear your bedroom, and then "we" need to go food shopping because there's nothing in the fridge/pantry? And the fact that you've just driven for 3+ hours to get here is immaterial. I'm really not very nice. But I tell myself that surely that's what friends are for ... EEEk ... gotta go ... she's here!!!!!!!!!!! Catch you later ...

Update: one for and one against the music so far. I don't think I'm going to keep it on the blog as it's beginning to annoy ME!!! But I'll leave it for a couple more days before I finally decide!

4 comments:

Chrissie said...

I am quite sure she didn't mind:-) That is what friends are for :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your friend will love going food shopping with you but as for clearing her bed ..... Your a very lucky lady Sue because you obviously know she won't mind a hoot, enjoy her stay.

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Sue,
LOVE your playlist - did you know there is an option not to have it play automatically?
Niki

bigbikerbob said...

Hi love the playlist but its far beyond me to do any thing other than play your songs although i can think of several i would add, keep up the good work.