07 May 2007

A Day to Remember ...



... a fabulous day from start to finish. Sunshine, happy laughter and jollity - even in the church! Han couldn't wait for the 'you may kiss the bride' and the vicar had to point out that he hadn't finished yet.


This is our little family - petite in pink Gran (note the right arm), happy Han, tall Rob, matronly me and father of the bride, Pauley. So much to tell you but I'll bore you with it all over the next week or so as I rather have my hands full at the moment ...


Well done mother! No sooner had we got to the B&B we were staying in on Friday night than mum fell down a step and fractured the humeral head and the neck of the humerus of her right arm. ECP (Emergency Care Practitioner) Gavin turned up, took her to hospital and said you'll get to this wedding by hook or by crook. After 3½ hours at A&E we get back to the pub/B&B and all sit down to a meal, mum included. Suddenly, there she is in a dead faint bolt upright in her chair and back comes our favourite medic who did all required and insisted that she'd be at the wedding if it killed him. Next morning a dear friend managed to organise the hire of a wheelchair and so Gran went to the wedding. I'm so relieved she is next door. She's OK now she's on home territory, but I'm sleeping there and then popping in and out all day. (I've found a novel way to lose 4 more pounds in 48 hours!!!)


Disregarding that little hiccup, everything else was wonderful. The church (best vicar ever), the reception (superb food by Suzie Albu (more on her another day)), the flowers by Passion (Han's florist friend (another person I'll be promoting for ever more), the speeches (Pauley excelled himself and Rob's was amazing), and absolutely everything. Han organised the lot, so we can't take any credit, but you'll see some of what she did as I post more photos as I receive them.
I think it will be a case of a little and often if you can cope, as I know more and more photos will arrive by email and some are going to be such fun that I'd hate to overload you too soon.
Life will be back to normal this coming weekend though, as it's the May Shepton Antiques Fair and I will need to be there. Hubby will be on Gran duty for 3 days!
More soon ...


7 comments:

Darla said...

This is a good start with the photo's but we definately need more.

Oh dear, poor *Gran*, but she looks adorable in the picture. She must have mustered all her strength to smile like that.

Sounds like a wonderful wedding, all the little glitches will just make for better story telling in years to come.

Congratulations to the bride and groom and cheers to the rest of you.

Darla

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Sue, Thanks for the sneeky peek at the happy couple! CONGRATULATIONS to them!
I heard about your poor mother from Clare; what incredible bad luck. I am so pleased that she made it to the wedding though - and she looks lovely, as do you all! Hannah looks radiant - could that smile be any bigger?
Can't wait to see more.....
(and see you next Saturday, with a rather large bolster!)
Niki x

Clare and Mike said...

Hi Sue,,
Why did Niki's reference to a rather large bolster have me giggling?!!!

Wonderful photos, han does look so happy! I can't wait to see lots more pics - keep 'em coming!

Send my best wishes to your mum, hope she's on the mend soon.

Clare x

Shammickite said...

Lovely wedding pic, you all look so happy! And it's so sunny, what an ideal day.

Unknown said...

Glad it all went well after Gran's mishaps - those flowers were fabulous

Cape Cod Washashore said...

What a beautiful, happy family! So glad your "Mum" is all right, and what a dear medic to be so dutiful to her!

Nonnie said...

I'm so behind on blog reading so am just doing a catch up. Hadn't realised the Wedding had been and gone! Looks absolutely gorgeous. Really sorry to hear about your Mum but glad it didn't stop her making it on the day.